Wednesday 16 May 2012

Why can't boys and girls be friends?


Family is the togetherness of people of same blood. That is how it is defined. The essence of a happy family all comes down to understanding each other. However, these days’ families just lack that essence. It is really sad to note that today, home is not just a safe place for a child anymore. This leads to kids wanting to be with their friends over family.
Let’s get back to the definition of family and think about it again. Does family really mean togetherness of people of same blood? How can people of same blood group share the same kind of thinking? So, definition of family all comes down to the togetherness of people who understand each other. Blood is a just a trivial part of it.
It could be a group of friends who share their matters and fears without any kind of hesitation. It could be a group of colleagues who find a coffee gossip as an important part of the work they do. It could be any kind of intimation.
So, family is anything as long as there is an understanding. 
Let me get to the point, today everyone’s life has got millions of issues. The question if boys and girls can be friends is one among them.
It is true that there has always been a sexual attraction between the two opposite gender. But let’s not neglect the fact that boys and girls can have a normal relation which could either be friendship or anything else.
Ever since a person was born, he or she has the right to live lives on their terms. Nobody likes to get bonded to some kind of faulty tradition that was being followed ever since the generation had begun.
Let me get straight to the point, today girls and boys friendship is seen as a faulty relation. More specifically, in India. I am a victim of this issue and a situation has been dragged way too far that made me write this down.
A few days ago, my friends and I were hanging out near my house. We weren’t doing anything in particular. We were just talking about my friend getting a new cell phone. That’s when my father saw me angrily and left that place. I didn’t know what was up with him. After I went home, I was abused and horribly treated by my family. I felt like being bonded to them forever and face a punishment for something wrong that I never did. Honestly, I hate being bonded. I wanted to live life on my terms by dedicating some time to my friends, no matter what gender theirs is but my family restrained me from doing that even though it was not wrong. So, the only thought that struck me was to kill myself because I found no way out. So, that’s what I tried to do. But then I thought that I would waste my entire life for a trivial issue and die in vain! I decided to prove my parents wrong. Not just my parents but all those people who consider boys’ and girls’ intimation wrong. It happens even in schools. Specifically, in schools. A guy borrowing a pen from a girl is considered a sin. That’s because the entire society considers it to be wrong. It specifically happens in co-education based schools. Let’s not forget that girls and boys interaction helps in personality development. I guess this shouldn't be this way. As this is what leads to kids wanting to be with their friends over family. They start lying because they don’t find any way to explain the parents and live a secret life. I don’t see the idea of segregation when it results in kids under development. 

 A boy and a girl can be friends. It is their right. It helps them to communicate without fear that helps them in realization of their potential. I would like to see it as a crime if people don’t let two opposite sex communicate. The relation between two friends should be ever eternal.

0 Comments: